My Little Black Dress
Famous last words "I think I will make something simple that doesn't require me to think too hard".
This pattern was a nightmare. Every notch had to be numbered on painters tape but the tape kept falling off or sticking to other pieces. Some of the seam allowances had to be trimmed and a strip of fabric sewn in its place. Others just needed a trim.
I got totally mixed up, basted all of the pieces together and at the end....they didn't match! One armhole was tiny, the other, huge. That wasn't right.
Thankfully I had basted them together. My problem was the result of edging all of the seams with a shiny black swimsuit fabric for contrast. This made the seam allowance wider than the pattern needed on some of the edges. Once I figured out where I went wrong, I marked and numbered the notches in chalk, cut off and resewed the trims at the correct seam allowance and then celebrated when the pieces matched up PERFECTLY!!!!!
It is designed to be worn over the ball of the shoulder and should have additional straps. They never looked right, so I left them off. The dress fit just the way it should, thank goodness because I had no idea how to adjust the fit on a dress like this.
And of course it looks great with the Louboutins!