Monday, March 4, 2013

As Soft As A Pink Puppy's Ears

As Soft As a Pink Puppy's Ears


I fell in love with this fabric when my labrador passed away.  I missed her soft little ears so much.  When I touched the pink fur at our local Ben Franklin's, I recognized that softness right way...it was Sandi's ears.

With a 25$ gift card, I was able to purchase the fabric for the coat.  The coat went together quickly but then hung in my closet for 2 years when I couldn't find the right lining.  I had some brown and pink geometric fabric that I had cut out but hated.  So there it hung, waiting for its lining.  

I ran across the polka dot charmuese and knew that my coat could finally be finished.  





My friends gave me advice on the buttons, a little sparkle seemed like the perfect finishing touch.







It is a cozy little coat.  But the best part is petting the soft fur on the sleeves and remembering the love of my dog.

1 comment: